The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) Our Town grant deadline is quickly approaching (January 13, 2014), but still worth considering for many municipalities and nonprofits that can pull off a tight deadline. If you need help working under a time crunch, TheGrantHelpers.com has the experts who can assist you in any or all parts of the grant application process. Simply contact us for more information.
According to the NEA Our Town website, “Our Town will invest in creative and innovative projects in which communities, together with their arts and design organizations and artists, seek to improve their quality of life, encourage greater creative activity, foster stronger community identity and sense of place, and revitalize economic development.”
Our Town projects may include the following:
- Arts Engagement (e.g., festivals and performances, public art to improve public spaces and reflect character of community, programming that encourages interaction between community and the arts, etc.)
- Cultural Planning (e.g., cultural district planning, development of master plans for public art, etc.)
- Design (e.g., design of rehearsal, studio, or places for artists to live and work; design new of adapted cultural spaces; design of public spaces, including streetscapes created by artists)
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Applicants must be made by two primary partners, including a nonprofit organization and a local governing body. One of the two partners must be a cultural organization. Having more than two partners is encouraged.
- One partner must act as lead applicant and assume full responsibility for the grant.
- Must request a grant amount of $25,000, $50,000, $75,000, $100,000, $150,000, or $200,000.
- All grants require nonfederal matching funds of at least 1 to 1 (may be cash or cash and in-kind contributions).
Again, the deadline for this grant is January 13, 2014. For more information, including full eligibility and requirements, please contact us or visit the NEA’s Our Town website. And remember, TheGrantHelpers.com is here to help you as much or as little as you need. Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can help you throughout any part of the grant process.
Image credit: bablu121